Injuries, Aches & Pains Common With Distance Running
Due to the repetitive nature of distance running, runners are especially prone to certain types of injuries. The longer and farther you run, the more likely it becomes that small biomechanical problems can turn into painful injuries! Common running issues include:
- Foot and ankle pain (ex: Plantar Fasciitis and Achilles Tendonosis)
- Knee Pain (ex: Runners’ Knee, Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome, Patellar Tendonitis, IT Band Syndrome, Chondromalacia Patellae)
- Hip Pain (ex: Bursitis, hip flexor strain)
- Back Pain (Sacroiliac Joint Irritation, Muscle Strain)
As a runner, you may have experienced these or other issues while training, but did you know that the chiropractors at Kamloops Active Health can help? There are multiple causes of these injuries, and it’s our job to fully assess your injury to get rid of your pain and prevent injury recurrence. Treatment may include:
- Spinal adjustment to correct joint imbalances
- Soft Tissue Techniques to help relax tight muscles or break up scar tissue
- Stretches for tight areas
- Strengthening exercises for weak muscles
- Home care advice (examples: heat, ice, or supplements)
Talk to your Kamloops Chiropractor today, and run pain-free!!
NOTE: This article is for general information purposes only, and is NOT intended to replace the examination and advice of a Registered Health Care Provider.